White Sage Smudge Stick
Smudging is a ceremony used to clear away negative energies and to attract ones that are more positive.
White Sage Smudge Stick can be used for cleansing of the aura, for example before meditation or prayer.
These great Sage Smudge Sticks are used for healing. The smoke is generally used to bless, cleanse and heal the person or object being smudged. Sage is used to cleanse the person from the outside world when entering into rituals and ceremonies. Smudge Sticks are bundles of dried herbs, and are bound with string.
100% Ethically sourced materials
How Do I Cleanse with White Sage?
- Open windows to allow airflow and to help stagnant energy to leave.
- Before beginning, pause to set an intention for your ritual; it may be to release stagnant energy, welcome a new beginning, or simply cleanse your space before meditation or yoga.
- When you’re ready to light your sage stick, hold it at a 45-degree angle above a flame (a natural candle works well). If a flame catches on the sage stick, gently blow it out to create a light smoulder.
- Hold your sage stick above a heat proof container to catch any falling embers and carry it carefully around your home encouraging the smoke into all spaces.
- Pay particular attention to areas where energy naturally stagnates such as corners of rooms, behind doors and spaces that are not used often.
- Visualise the smoke absorbing all negativity – watch it naturally disappear and float out of windows taking away energy that no longer serves you.
- When cleansing your personal energy, carefully pass the smouldering stick from your feet to your head and back again, while visualising the negative energy leaving your body and being returned to earth for cleansing.
- When ready, extinguish the stick by pressing it lightly into your heat proof container or into dry earth/sand. Never use water as this will result in you being unable to re-light the stick.